Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface and rolling pin (if using). Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches, keeping it more square than round, if you can. You’ll also need two 5inch (approx.) ramekins, or small, oven proof bowls, lined with baking paper.
When its chilly and grey (or any other time) a perfect pie is the very best comfort food, and you can make your own mini single-serve versions, with all the autumn flavours, using our recipe below (we’ve used lots of bits from other recipes, it’s a great way to love your leftovers!). Simply switch ingredients to suit your taste, anything goes!
Cut your dough in half, then from each half cut a piece of dough approximately 1/3 the size so you have unequal sized pieces. Use the larger piece to carefully line your ramekin or bowl (ensuring that it has first been lined with baking paper). You’ll need to push it inside gently to prevent any tearing (don’t worry if it does though, simply reposition and fill any gaps with excess dough hanging over the edges).
Layer your ingredients using half a tablespoon at time so you have two layers of each inside the dough until the pie is filled to the top
Take the remaining dough and lay it across the top – your pie lid
Pinch the edges of the base dough and lid together to form a tight seal and trim off the excess leaving a lid that can be crimped together for a touch of detail on the top of your pie
Cut a little steam hole in the top with a knife
Glaze with a beaten egg then bake for 8-10 minutes until the dough is golden brown. Remove from the oven and using the baking paper, carefully lift your pie out of the ramekin
Leave to cool for 3-5 mins, slice and enjoy!
What you’ll need…
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (or for an aromatic twist, try our rosemary infused pizza dough)
- 1 tablespoons caramelised onions (we slow cooked ours for around 30 mins in butter)
- 1 tablespoon of cubed butternut squash, roasted
- 1 tablespoon spinach, wilted (simply pour some boiling water over and drain well)
- 10 mozzarella pearls
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.